Have you ever been hopeless, powerless, cynical, and unsuccessful at work? Having such feelings means you are experiencing burnout.
Burnout is physical or emotional exhaustion, especially because of long-term stress. It can happen when your body and mind get so much stress from working too hard, feeling unappreciated and concerned about job security, getting confused about expectation and priorities, etc.
In such conditions, you may get very sad, angry, lack of interest and motivation. That can lead you to unhappiness and depression, and in the end, it possibly threatens your health, your job, and jeopardizes your relationship with colleagues and family.
If you are experiencing burnout, what can you do to cope with it? Here are some ways:
1. Take care of your body - Eat right, sleep well, do exercise and see doctor if you feel burnout. If you can take care of your physical health, it will reduce your burnout.
2. Do your favorite things - Make a schedule for spoiling yourself in a day, week or month. Reading favorite books or doing your hobbies is like “recharging your batteries” after going through a difficult period.
3. Talk with others - Communicate with others who will listen and understand you, but not judge you. Talking with others like that will ease your emotion and you are practicing healthy communication. Be sure to let your emotion out in healthy and productive ways.
4. Make realistic targets - Setting targets for your life will give you a real sense of purpose. Make personal targets divided into short and long terms and set up a plan to achieve the targets. To learn and reach new targets will ease your burnout.
5. Enhance your relationship - Getting closer to your partner, children, friends and other people you can count on will help restore your energy. It can ease your burnout, as you will not feel underappreciated
6. Understand your strengths and weaknesses - Knowing your strengths and weaknesses can help you learn better ways to deal with day-to-day stress. Your can avoid stress once you recognize the cause.