Ever walked into a house that felt like home? Ever reminisced about the best year of your life, and wondered why everything came together for you? It could be Feng Shui.
Simply put, Feng Shui is about creating a harmonious environment. It’s the ancient Chinese Science and Art of placement, intended to improve our health, harmony, longevity, career and wealth.
Pronounced, “Fung Shway”, it was a jealously guarded secret for thousands of years. Now, the benefits of Feng Shui can be enjoyed by anyone. In fact, Feng Shui is a part of everyday life for many Australian businesses, home owners, decorators, and architects.
June from June Turner Designs and Lifestyles has been an expert Feng Shui practitioner for 13 years. “Feng Shui can be simple or involved – whatever you’re comfortable with. Decorate a room or buy a home that is perfect for your family.”
The key is energy (or Qi “Chee”). June offers ten quick tips that can improve the flow, transformation, and containment of Qi in your life:
1) Remove shoes before entering a home. Don’t take your problems in with you.
2) Cook at least one meal a day and eat at the table as a family.
3) Never have knives on show – even in a block.
4) Always sit or stand facing the door (or its reflection).
5) Keep the toilet lid down and bathroom and laundry doors closed.
6) Don't sleep under white blankets or doonas.
7) Don't sleep with your feet facing the bedroom door.
8) Don't sleep next to the wall that has the metre box on it.
9) If your front door is in line with a tree or the door of the house opposite, place a Ba Gua mirror above the outside of the door.
10) Never have a Ba Gua mirror in the house. They are far too powerful.
It’s no coincidence that some of these tips are just common sense. You’ve probably been practising Feng Shui for years without even knowing it!
According to June, “this is just the tip of the iceberg. Just a few little changes can make the world of difference. But most solutions are specific to the individual.